When you are new in the market, you want to get the word out about your brand, products and service. It is very tough to stand out from the rest. The competition is intense and let’s face it, you don’t have enough funds to allocate to promote your business. What can you do to reach the right audience, to generate leads and generate sales. How do you promote your business locally in affordable ways. In this article, I have described 5 most effective and cost-efficient ways to market your business
1. Claim your free listing on Google.
2. Content Marketing
3. Social Media Promotion
4. Email Marketing
5. Leverage Micro-Influencers
Claim your free listing on Google
If you are new in the market, try to start local. This will help you claim your free listing on Google- https://www.google.com/business. Complete all the information asks for (Company Address, Phone Number, Business Hours, Email Address, Directions, Company website etc.)
This will help you appear in Google’s local search results and also boost your organic rankings. Google My Business also provides an option to post photos and grab viewers’ attention- improving your local ranking.
Google My Business also provides an option for users who are familiar with your business to share more information about it. Customers can add reviews and photos which contributes to a great extent to your local search ranks. Hence, your objective should be to serve the customers well to get a 4-star rating. Learn how to optimize for your GMB Listings to get better results
Content Marketing is one of the most cost-effective and popular marketing tools. It is all about educating your targeted audience through content about your products and services so that they would want to become your customers. The content can be in any format- blogs, case studies, videos, webinars, infographics, etc. You need to continuously channelize your efforts to create, curate and deliver quality, relevant content for your targeted audience.
The Global digital population is increasing at a stupendous rate. A study in the US reveals that 3 out of 10 individuals are ‘almost constantly’ online. A similar trend is catching up in the rest of the world. The best way to engage this online audience is to deliver curated content to their mobile devices and social media platforms.
Start by creating a perfect content strategy. Enlisted below are some of the key elements for a successful content strategy.
1. Define your business goals. It can be to generate leads, engagement, better reach or increase in sales.
2. Define your target audience based on demographics, age, gender, income, occupation. Analyze the buyer persona to understand what they care about and what kind of content will grab their attention.
3. Determine the type of content that needs to be created to engage with your audience
4. Come up with ideas for new content. Do keyword research to come up with new topics
5. Determine the tools and techniques to promote the content that you create
6. Measure the KPIs and repurpose and re-audit the content accordingly
7. It is an investment worth making, so focus on delivering awesome content to your audience.
Social Media Marketing
There is no denying that social media is a powerful tool to connect with people and have personal interactions. But it is also a great tool in promoting business to a wider audience in a short-time. You can take advantage of social media platforms to create awareness about your products and services in a personal way and humanize your brand.
The idea of social media promotion seems exciting. But if you don’t plan your social strategy you will get lost. So lay a foundation
1. Define your business objectives. It can be to increase website traffic, build conversions, create brand awareness or build a positive brand image.
2. Decide your social media platform. Find out the best social media channels your target audience is using. Based on your research choose the social media platforms Remember the goal is to reach your audience and not bring them on social media. Some of the popular social media platforms are Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter. Every platform is different nuances and needs customized content.
3. Brainstorm content ideas that will help you engage with your target audience. You can use competitive research, keyboard research to find out the hot topics in the industry. Consider what other businesses are doing to drive engagement with the audience.
4. Generate good quality content that interests your audience and post the content regularly to generate engagement. Do ensure to inculcate user-generated content into your content strategy. It advocates brand authenticity, instills trust amongst your audience, expands your social footprint and boosts your SEO.
Learn from some of the best social media campaigns – https://blog.hootsuite.com/social-media-campaign-strategy/.
Email marketing is considered to be one of the most lucrative online marketing tools, irrespective of the industry you operate in. It helps build strong customer relationships and create a unique brand image for your target audience. Thus, helping promote your new business. You can nail a successful email marketing strategy with the following 4 steps:-
1. Target Audience- The very first step of email marketing is to understand who the intended audience of your message. Identifying your target audience and understanding their needs and preferences will help you to draft relevant content for emails. You can segment your target list and design different offers for them. The better you segment your intended audience, the better the chances of delivering the right content to the right audience at the time, hence better chances of success.
2. Objective- The next step is to outline the scope and the objective of your email campaign. Some of the few possible objectives can be – creating awareness about new products launched or promotional offers, generating leads, increasing traffic to your website or increase event attendance. In this step focus on the actions that you intend the readers of your email need to take
3. Content- Once you have identified your target audience and objective of your email campaign, creating content for email is easy. The content of the email should be engaging and relevant for your audience, compelling them to take action.
4. Measuring Success- Tracking the performance of the email campaign is key in understanding the areas where you are performing well, areas that need improvement. Some of the key metrics that you can track are bounce rates, open rates, click rates, number of subscribers etc. Based on the performance report can help you revise the subject line or content of the emails, making them more meaningful for the intended segment.
Micro influencers are everyday consumers who have considerable and engaging social media following with 1k-10k subscribers. Micro-influencers have a loyal following based on their focussed interests and can help you can tap into that audience by influencers to endorsing your product/brand. They act as a trusted source of their followers. They clearly help with achieving a higher conversion rate and stronger engagement at an affordable price.
But a word of caution here is to do thorough research on which Micro influencer will be beneficial for your business. The micro-influencer should have similar interests, values and goals. Another point that you should be mindful of is that this strategy is most effective when different micro influencers are brought in over a significant period of time.
Hopefully, this guide will help you market your business and help you achieve your business objective. Please leave your suggestions and feedback below.